Here, you find the recipe for the lime slice. Lime Slice Bars are a popular dessert in the United States and are usually eaten as a snack. They are small, round bars made of graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and lime juice.
Lime Slice Recipe
The bars are usually served with whipped cream or ice cream. Lime slices are creamy, tangy flavors, delicious and tasty bars. Homemade lime slice bars are easy to make, smooth, and soft.
Vegan Lime Slice Bars
Vegan lime slice bars are bars that do not contain eggs and are made from vegan butter. The other ingredients and recipe are the same.
Follow the same steps as I mentioned earlier for the recipe. Use vegan butter instead of normal butter. Use vegan whipping cream instead of heavy cream. Make these changes in the ingredients to make the vegan lime slice bars.
You may also like these recipes:
- Ekmek Kataifi: Delicious Ekmek Kataifi Recipe
- Best Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Recipe
- Healthy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Vanilla Swiss Rolls: Easy Swiss Roll Vanilla Recipe
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse: Vegan & Gluten-Free Dessert
Steps to Follow
There are a few steps that you need to follow to make a lime slice recipe. This recipe is divided into 2 parts.
1. Make Lime Crust
2. Make the filling
Make lime Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350F for 10 minutes. Use the parchment paper on the baking tray. Polish the parchment paper with some butter. So, that crust will not stick to the paper.
- Take a large bowl, and put the flour into it. Then add the lime juice, melted butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix these ingredients with the help of a food mixer. Make the proper dough for the bars.
- Then put the whole dough on the baking tray. Spread the dough on the baking tray and press it a little bit with your hands. Bake it for 30 minutes. You have to bake it until gets golden brown.
- After the baking is done, take out the stuff from the oven. Put them aside for Cool down.
Make the filling
- Take a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolk then add cornstarch, sugar, heavy whipping cream, and lime juice. Combine these ingredients together. You can use the blender to blend these ingredients and make a creamy and smooth mixture.
- In the next step, fill the cream on the base that you baked earlier. Properly spread the cream over the base. Then bake it again for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take it out of the oven and cool it down for 5 minutes. then place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Make sure that it is solid enough when you take it out of the fridge. Sprinkle the powdered sugar on it. Then cut it into small bars. Your lime slice bars are ready to eat and enjoy. Put the rest of the bars in the fridge.
Follow us on Pinterest
Leave a Reply